Unit Rate Real-Life Math Project (Part 1) | Summer Job Offer Math
- Easel Activity
Also included in
- In this bundle print-and-go unit rate project, students explore the real-life application of math for job offers, by helping Mike (Level 1) and Cindy (Level 2) pick jobs!Everything you need is included, and requires minimal prep!What's included?This bundle includes two levels of Which Job Offer ShouPrice $4.50Original Price $6.00Save $1.50
In this print-and-go unit rate project, students explore the real-life application of math for job offers, by helping Mike Mason pick his summer job!
Everything you need is included, and requires minimal prep!
NOTE: This is a more introductory version of: Level 2: Which Job Offer Should I Take? — Unit Rate Real World Math Project.
How can I use it?
Here's one way you can use it in your classroom:
- Introduce students to Mike. Use the scenario page to introduce students to Mike Mason, a high school student who received 3 summer employment offers from different companies with different salary options.
- Work alone or together, print or digital. Then, give students the offer letters from all 3 companies. Students can work in groups or individually to apply unit rate to solve the big question of which offer Mike should take to earn enough money to afford a mountain bike.
- Check the answers. You can walk through the answers with students, or pass out a copy of the included answer key for students to check!
- 1 instruction page
- 4 scenario pages (goals + job offers)
- 2 problem pages
- 2 answer key pages
- 1 cover page
You might also like Doodle Math!
Have artistic kids? Keep them occupied all period long:
Before you go…
- Stay updated. this page to stay updated on new activities.
- Join the community. Join us on and for ideas and highlights.
- Please leave a review. I’d love to hear how the product is working in your classroom! (TPT gives you credit for reviewing paid products!)
Each purchased license is for use in a single classroom. If you’d like to share with other teachers, please buy additional licenses. Thanks!