Your students are trapped in the room with a limited amount of time to make it out! This activity is based on the Panic/Mystery Rooms for adults. The goal is at the end of the tasks the students will have a completed famous phrase.
Students will have 5 different tasks to complete in order to make it out:
1. Solve math problems to put a puzzle together to form a word.
2. Solve using unit rates to shade in a mystery word.
3. Students move around the room in a scavenger hunt of math problems to combine letters into a word.
4. Solve a crossword where students find special letters to form a word.
5. Students use better buy questions to search a picture for mysterious unknowns to complete the panic room.
This activity can be played Panic or Casual style based on your class. It can also be transformed into station activities.
Students love the challenges of combining math with puzzles. They also love the competition of who will make it out!