The intention of this study is for students to take what they have learned as writers and communicate effectively in writing. Students are asked to choose a topic near and dear to their heart to write about. The focus of this study is for students to create writing to share their opinions and wishes. They will be able to argue their points using evidence and powerful words.
Included String of Minilessons:
• Choosing Causes Near and Dear to My Heart
• Generating More Persuasive Ideas
• Collecting Cause Entries
• Persuasive Flashdrafts
• Using Powerful Words
• Creating a Brave and Bold Thesis
• Writing Long About My Opinions
• Providing Relevant Support to My Opinions
• Proving by Showing
• Creating Powerful Introductions
• Creating a Thorough Conclusion
• Publishing and Practicing
• Celebration: Presenting to an Audience
A companion product you may wish to use with a writing celebration is Writing Reflections and Kind Compliments found in my TPT Store
As always, if you plan to purchase and share this unit with other education professionals, additional licenses are available on this product page.
Any feedback about this product will be appreciated.
Please visit my literacy blog www.LiteracyTreasures.com