A few years ago I taught in classroom 1823, this was partially the inspiration for the name of the project. Within this package are the rubrics used to create your very own classroom government. The objectives for the unit are:
• Students will develop a presentation to teach others about the branches of government.
• Students will justify the importance of three branches of government.
• Students will analyze and interpret the United States Constitution.
• Students will analyze and amend the Bill of Rights.
• Students will role-play government positions.
• Students will create bills and laws for a classroom government.
Included Rubrics are:
For research on the branch of government.
Running for Office and Elections
Writing Bills and Passing Laws
Feel free to adjust it to your own classroom needs!