Have your students learn history while learning their states! Along with the usual capital, bird, flower, tree, animal, and flag, students will also learn a little bit of history related to each state.
- How was the Grand Canyon formed?
- What was the Gold Rush?
- Who was Amelia Earhart?
- What was the Comstock Lode?
- How was Crater Lake formed?
- and many more!!
The bottom portion of each page asks a question which the student will need to look up. This resource does not provide the answers. You can have the students write as long or as short of a response as you choose by having the student continue their response on the back of the page or on notebook paper.
Students will also cut and paste the state outline and state flag on the worksheet.
Here are a couple of ways to use this resource:
- Assign each student a state and have them complete it as a mini-report. You may need to do this 2-3 times throughout the year depending on the number of students in your class.
- Use over 25 weeks, assigning two states a week for homework or in-class instruction.
I hope you find this resource useful!