The following is a 2-day (75 minute periods), common core-based bundle on United States entry into World War II. This lesson contains a variety of student-centered activities that promote critical thinking and class discussion.
Topics covered in this lesson:
• Neutrality Acts
• Destroyers for Bases Deal
• Lend Lease Act
• Attack on Pearl Harbor & FDR's war request
Activities utilized in this lesson:
• Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson
• Political cartoon analysis
• Primary and secondary source analysis with questions
• World War II writing assignment with rubric
• Also included are two readings on FDR’s Quarantine Speech and the Lend Lease Act and with questions (can be assigned for homework).
• Almost 20 fact-based and critical thinking questions
• Enormous opportunities for class discussion.
Feel free to edit this worksheet to meet your specific needs. Follow me to receive updates on newly uploaded products. Please take a moment to rate this bundle. Thanks!