Converting between customary units of capacity "doodle notes" -
When students color or doodle in math class, it activates both hemispheres of the brain at the same time. There are proven benefits of this cross-lateral brain activity:
- new learning
- relaxation (less math anxiety)
- visual connections
- better memory & retention of the content!
Students fill in the sheets, answer the questions, and color, doodle or embellish. Then, they can use it as a study guide later on.
- knowing when to multiply vs. divide for conversions
- converting in both directions (fluid ounces, cups, pints, quarts, and gallons)
- process and concept
- practice examples
- visual memory boosters
- reference guide for fl. oz, cups, pints, quarts, and gallons
- labeling customary units
- meaning of "capacity"
- multi-step conversions
- visual reference sheet
Check out the preview for more detail about this item and the research behind it.
You might also like:
Converting Measurements Doodle Notes
Prime Factorization GridWords
Fractions, Decimals, & Percents Activity Bundle