This resource is a combination of 10 units of study.
The 400 lessons cover every grade 4 reading: literature, reading: informational, and writing Common Core State Standards!
Save $18 by purchasing all units in this one bundle (it's like getting two units for free!).
The units included are in order that I recommend they be taught throughout the year (although they can be taught in any order that works for you!):
* Launching the Reading and Writing Workshop
* Personal Narrative
* Historical Fiction
* Traditional Literature
* Poetry and Figurative Language
* Realistic Fiction
Each unit includes 20 detailed reading and 20 detailed writing lessons for a month-long unit of study. They also include:
* Every lesson has a 4th grade CCSS attached.
* A description of the workshop format
* Detailed descriptions of each lesson
* Chart examples of each lesson
* Interactive read-aloud title suggestions that accompany each reading/writing lesson ***(please note that the text titles are simply suggestions. Since the lessons focus on reading and writing skills/strategies and not teaching a specific book, you do NOT need to purchase these specific books to teach the lessons. ANY text in that genre would work!).
This resource is 1025 pages!!
If you are interested in grading rubrics for the writing portion, editing and revising checklists, and graphic organizers to use with every reading lesson, follow the link to this supplemental bundle!
***This resource is in addition to the whole group lessons provided in this bundle! It is intended for students to complete printable graphic organizers that match the lessons, so that teachers can assess whether the students mastered the lessons taught.
Supplemental Resource Bundle
************** PLEASE NOTE ***************
This Bundle has the same mini lessons as the grades 2, 3, 5, and 6 Unit Bundles. The only difference is that the grade 4 Common Core State Standards are attached to this unit.
***Please be sure to read the description carefully and download the free preview before purchasing.
Also, click here for FAQ's about the Units of Study
Copyright © 2013 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.