Products in this Bundle (4)
Also included in
- #DistanceLearningTpT This product is perfect for those of you doing distance/remote learning due to school closures!This is my entire school year! I teach 6th grade English Language Arts and these digital notebooks are what I use for all of my units. They could definitely be used for grades 5-8, too$89.45$123.50Save $34.05
- This bundle was made per request. If you'd like your own custom bundle, please download my PRIMARY FREEBIE to fill out a Google Form.© Copyright 2020 M. Mariano. All rights reserved. Permission is granted to copy pages specifically designed for student or teacher use by the original purchaser or lic$84.60$105.75Save $21.15
#DistanceLearningTpT This product is perfect for those of you doing distance/remote learning due to school closures!
Are you using the new Units of Study for Middle School by Lucy Calkins? I've bundled all of my digital interactive notebooks for the units into ONE product to save you some money! Oh...and it's all editable!!
You will also get a bonus product for FREE...my Individual Student Conferencing Record Keeping Google Form (Language Arts)
All of the materials I have included in this bundle can be purchased individually in my store. Please click the links below to see more about each product.:
This aligns with A Deep Study of Character (Units of Study for Teaching Reading: Middle School Grades) by Lucy Calkins and Mary Ehlenworth. It does not follow it perfectly and I took many liberties with it, but it’s totally editable!
Included in this product:
- Interactive slides for students to use with their own independent reading books.
- Sample teacher mentor slides done with stories for Adam Bagdasarian’s First French Kiss: And Other Traumas.
- Slides are labeled with what sessions they are aligned with for the Units of Study.
Skills of focus:
- Character traits
- Character change
- Character struggles
- Writing proper reading responses
This is loosely aligned with Dystopian Book Clubs (Units of Study for Teaching Reading: Middle School Grades) by Lucy Calkins and Katy Wischow. I took many liberties with this and also was inspired by the Teacher’s College draft, but it’s totally editable!
I used the stories "Harrison Bergeron", "The Pedestrian", and "All Summer in a Day" as my mentor texts and "A Truman Show" as a mentor movie.
Included in this product:
- 22 interactive slides for students to use with their books
- Continuation story for "The Pedestrian" to focus on the skills of flashback and foreshadowing.
- Sample teacher responses
This is loosely aligned with Lucy Calkins' Tapping the Power of Non-fiction.This resource includes THREE digital interactive notebooks to be used with Google Slides. Students research topics in books, articles, and videos. Then, they write a research essay. Finally, they create an informational eBook based on the topic. This is a good TWO months' worth of material!
The first notebook requires students to research information about a chosen or given topic and gather it within the notebook. It also includes general non-fiction skills such as:
- Main idea and supporting details
- Text features
- Text structure
- Connecting to a media source
- Technical vocabulary
- Comparing/contrasting sources
The second notebook is for students to put their research in the form of an essay. It was created with the PARCC Research Simulation Task in mind, but can be adapted. Included in this notebook is:
- Tips on how to set up the body paragraphs
- Topic sentence development
- Slides to organize all research from previous notebook
- Slides to create body paragraphs (with interactive checklist).
The third notebook is for students to use collaboratively with other students researching the same topic. It is meant to be used for planning purposes. Then, students take this plan to make their own eBooks in slides. Included in this notebook:
- Organization of research into chapters based on text structure.
- Categorizing research into quotes, mini-stories, and more.
This aligns with Social Issues Book Clubs: Reading for Empathy and Advocacy (Units of Study for Teaching Reading: Middle School Grades) by Lucy Calkins and Mary Ehlenworth. This digital, paperless notebook is perfect for 1:1 classrooms. No more messy Reader's Notebooks!
Included in this product are the following:
- 18 editable interactive slides for students to use with any social issues book.
- Slides labeled with sessions they connect to in the unit.
- Basic directions for how to use the notebook.
Focus skills (spread across multiple lessons):
- How to build positive relationships (using literature to teach).
- Looking for issues in character relationships (power issues, positives and negatives, etc.).
- Analysis of group dynamics.
- Real world connections
Trying to go paperless? This is a great way to track individual student conferences using Google Forms. Instead of huge binders and endless sticky notes, this form compiles everything it one easy Google Sheet to maintain data. This form combines reading and writing, but it's completely editable.
Included in this product is:
- Google Conferencing Form (with Strengths, Weaknesses, Teaching Points, Goals, and more).
- Directions on how to transfer all results to individual student Google Docs. The add-on Doc Appender automatically updates Google Docs and makes it much more readable than a Sheet.
I personally use this every time I meet with a student individually. It's super quick to fill out.
**INCLUDED: Directions for how to use these notebooks digitally. Not digital? Don't fret! You can easily print this! You would just have to edit some slides a bit before doing so! Just go to "file", "print"!**
DON'T NEED EVERYTHING IN THIS BUNDLE? Create your own custom bundle!
© Copyright 2018 M. Mariano. All rights reserved. Permission is granted to copy pages specifically designed for student or teacher use by the original purchaser or licensee. This is intended to be used by one teacher unless additional licenses have been purchased. The reproduction of any other part of this product is strictly prohibited.
*** HERE'S WHERE YOU CAN FIND ME! ***
Check out more products in my store!