THE ARTICULATION STATION IS INCLUDED IN THE PHONOLOGICAL AWARENESS/ARTICULATION BUNDLE WITH SPEECH PHOTO MODELS. Please do not purchase this separately if you already own the bundle. If you do not own the bundle, but are interested in the Universal Literacy Based Phoneme Boards and Activity Cards, you may want to check out the bundle before purchasing to see if that would suit your needs as it includes multiple complimentary products (all with photo models) and is offered at a significant discount. The link to the bundle is below:
Phonological Awareness/Articulation BUNDLE
I use these boards all year long in my therapy sessions! They can stand alone as well as are a great supplement/visual to incorporate into any therapy session for your students working on articulation/phonology goals. Do you have mixed speech/language groups? These are a great go-to to incorporate articulation into your language activities in a meaningful way that supports the CCSS. My students love them.
This 85+ page download includes:
I Can Statement Poster containing Common Core Standards
Activity Board Suggestions
18 Phonemes included:
Each Phoneme includes:
1. Phonological Awareness Sound Board(s) with grapheme spelling patterns . Several phonemes contain multiple levels in order to differentiate teaching to limit grapheme spelling choices. For example, /k/ Level 1: c, k, -ck; Level 2: c, k, -ck, ch, -que
2. Phonological Awareness Board(s) for students to write words that contain targeted phoneme. Levels are consistent with phonological awareness sound boards.
3. Phonological Awareness Activity Cards to hole punch/stamp as students hear a word (or can be used for correct productions) containing the targeted phoneme within a shared reading/language activity. A take home card indicating skills/standards/phoneme addressed is attached to facilitate communication between the home and school environments. When sound boards are leveled/differentiated, activity cards follow the same levels for consistency.
Phonological Awareness Board Activity Suggestions:
- Have students place a bingo chip, pinto bean, thematic trinket, small snack etc. on photo with each production of targeted phoneme heard throughout shared reading/language activity (more than one chip/token can be placed on each square)
- On the phonological awareness board containing words, have students place a chip/token on the square after each correct production of the word that is written.
- Students can use bingo dabbers on photos to mark productions that they hear.
- Use a drawing app on your iPad to have students use virtual paint dabbers to mark productions that they hear or write words containing targeted phonemes.
- Same concept as above, only use the smart board!
- On the phonological awareness board containing words, take a photo/screen shot of a completed phonological awareness board containing words and use it as a background on the “Create Dice Lite” app on your iPad. Create a dice that either has student names (whose turn it will be), various levels (word/phrase/sentence/etc.) or numbers (targeted number of productions) to determine what the task will be for the word that the dice land on. The possibilities on this (FREE!) app are endless.
- Send a copy of boards home with students to complete during reading activities at home.
- Boards can be used within the regular classroom setting with ALL students to reinforce/review phonemes that have been introduced as well as support the IEP goals of students in speech-language therapy. Use during teacher read aloud or create a classroom spelling dictionary!
- Boards allow mixed articulation/language groups to target multiple goals at the same time within the same activity and allows for multiple repetitions while incorporating literacy in a fun, engaging way that accesses the curriculum and utilizes phonological awareness to enhance carryover.
-The possibilities for use are truly endless, especially given the amazing creativity that I witness from educators that inspire me each and every day. I am confident that you could think of many more to add to this list! If you choose to use this product, please review it and add your great adaptations to inspire others! We are all in this together! :)
Visit www.facebook.com/SLPTalk for more therapy ideas and to collaborate with colleagues.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button.
Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for you so I can create products that work for a variety of caseloads.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
***Look for the star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about my SLPTalk store.