REVISED and IMPROVED PRODUCT!!! - UPDATED to ADDRESS NEW BC CURRICULUM STANDARDS - including content and competencies!!!
Included in this pack are different versions of two General/Universal Assessment Rubrics.
- The first one measures student responsibility & work habits
- The second measures evidence of thinking, understanding, and skills.
Each rubric is offered in multiple different ‘versions’ using a variety of wording and scales. There is a set with more complex wording and a set with simplified wording and smiley faces for younger students or English Language Learners.
- There is a 4-point scale, with an optional 5th ‘level’ for work that significantly exceeds grade level expectations, indicating a need for further enrichment or challenge activities.
- There is also a 3-point-scale option, and a 6-point scale option.
Each version is offered with or without letter grades.
Finally there is a ‘zoom in’ of the “demonstrating skills and critical thinking” section of the rubric, along with a list of the possible ‘skills’ that could be assessed using the rubric.
The ‘universal’ wording makes these rubrics useful for a wide variety of assignments across many subject areas and grade levels.
All you need to do is:
• find or make a set of instructions and a ‘criteria list’ for each assignment
• assess student work using one of these rubrics to measure performance against criteria.
These can be used not only by teachers for assessment, but also by students and parents to understand the marks assigned by the teacher, to self-assess, and to guide the working process for each assignment. The language is suitable for assessing students in approximately Grade 3 through Grade 9, although it could be used for older students as well - and the teacher could also use it for younger students without giving the actual rubrics to them.
I usually give a copy of this rubric to my students to keep in their planning notebooks throughout the year for easy reference, and another copy to take home so it’s accessible when they’re doing homework.
If you don’t use letter grades or your letter grades system is different from the one I use (I’m in British Columbia, Canada), use the versions that don't have letter grades attached.
PLEASE remember to help me out by RATING and PROVIDING FEEDBACK! :-) Thanks!!! ~Miss Winning's Classroom
Universal or General Assessment Rubrics for Any Assignment or Activity
by Miss Winning's Classroom
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License