What happened in 452 A.D. in central Italy? Attila the Hun was ready to siege and pillage the great capital Rome when Pope Leo I met him north of the city and convinced Attila to turn around and go home. What was said in that meeting? Why did Attila turn around? No one knows. But your students will research and decide what was said by becoming the fly on the wall. They will tell you what they heard, smelled and saw during this meeting.
This fun, engaging lesson includes:
* Research/note-taking sheet
* Topic overview and write-in boxes
* Pages to write your dialogue and setting descriptions
Check out my other Fly on the Wall handouts for other events:
- Dr. Mudd and John Wilkes Booth
- Ghengis Khan Death and Burial
- More on the way!