What happened on April 15, 1865 when John Wilkes Booth, running from authorities for killing President Lincoln, met with Dr. Samuel Mudd? Was it just an innocent doctor helping a patient? Or was it something more? What was said in that meeting? Why did Dr. Mudd not notify authorities for over 24 hours? No one knows. But your students will research and decide what was said by becoming the fly on the wall. They will tell you what they heard, smelled and saw during this meeting.
This fun, engaging lesson includes:
* Research/note-taking sheet
* Topic overview and write-in boxes
* Pages to write your dialogue and setting descriptions
Check out my other Fly on the Wall handouts for other events:
- Attila the Hun and Pope Leo I
- Ghengis Khan Death and Burial
- The Death of King Tut
- Roanoke Colony Disappearance
- More on the way!