Come explore the mysteries of what made Leonardo Da Vinci famous! Unlock students’ ideas about his exquisite talents while also finding the students’ own talents! This concept-based unit was designed for gifted education students and can be used in grades 3 - 6.
Included in this unit are:
• Essential questions and essential concept
• Lesson plans incorporating all subject areas & metacognitive skills
• Self-portraits and frames
• Grammar lessons in similes
• Thinking skills (brainstorming, planning, creativity)
• Resources for teachers and students to use to research about Da Vinci
• Instructional Menu of ideas for teachers to select activities that fit the needs of the class,
• Task cards that can be used individually as mini-lessons or printed and put into an interest center for students to work on independently.
• Plan for “setting the scene” for the unit in your classroom
• Interest center ideas
• Guide for culminating activity “Class Museum” at the end of the unit
• Photos from my classroom study of Da Vinci that go along with the lessons
Dig deep, learn to research, and create art in “Present-Day Da Vinci” style!