Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Unni the Unicorn
Unni's Summer Sight Words - Pre Primer List 5 : Word Work, Fluency, Color
Sight Word Sentences
Dolch Pre-Primer List 5
8 Focus Words: three, to, two, up, we, where, yellow, you
2 Kinds of Worksheets for each word!
16 Pages in All.
* FUN and ONE of a kind! Unique And Effective Worksheets that utilize the power of visuals, multi skill engagement, context, and repetition to instill understanding of the word use and a "picture memory" into student's minds*
Each sight word has complete focus, there is no searching for the sight word among others or any cross-context. The sight word is repeated onto the visuals at different sizes and proportions. As students take in the word, image, and read the sentences, the repetitive exposure (especially if they are asked to read aloud each time they find the word, as well as reading the sentences) will help them truly retain the words "on sight"! ^^
1. Trace and Write: trace the word, write it on their own
2. Color in the WHITE focus words
3. Find and Circle (or highlight) the BLACK focus Sight Words
4. Count: Students can count up the total number of words they find. If you have younger students, ask them to count up the number they COLORED.
5. Read the sight word sentences : Simple and contextual sentences to build Fluency and comprehension.
6. Younger students can write the word on the empty line. For more advanced students, after reading the sentences and understanding the meaning and use of the word, they create and write their own sentence.
7. Color the Picture: students use the relevant images to have a mental anchor to refer back to and memorize as a key to remembering each sight word in the future.
*Students trace the word
*Students write the word on their own
*Students spell the word (cut and paste)
*Students color the word
*Students read the sentence and circle the focus word
*Cut and Paste (for spelling)
*** There are Reward/Accountability stars to color or mark off as students finish each skill! Students can track their progress as well as feel a sense of achievement when they have all 5 stars!
Ideas for Use:
* After you introduce the sight word in class, send these home
with students for more practice with parents
* Homework packet
* Guided Reading
* Improve Reading Fluency
* Group Lessons
* Literacy Centers
* Individual Work
* ESL, EFL, ELL
* Sight Words Activities
* Kindergarten, Preschool, First Grade, K-2 Activity
* Morning Work
* Early Finishers