Unni the Unicorn
Unni's Winter Sight Words - Pre Primer List 4 : Word Work, Fluency, Color,
Sight Word Sentences
Dolch Pre-Primer List 4
8 Focus Words: not, one, play, read, run, said, see, the
*Worksheets that utilize the power of visuals, context, and repetition to instill understanding of the word use and a "picture memory" into student's minds*
Each sight word has complete focus, there is no searching for the sight word among others or any cross-context. The sight word is repeated onto the visuals at different sizes and proportions. As students take in the word, image, and read the sentences, the repetitive exposure (especially if they are asked to read aloud each time they find the word, as well as reading the sentences) will help them truly retain the words "on sight".
1. Trace and Write: trace the word, write it on their own
2. Color in the word
2. Find the Focus Sight Word: Students can find the word in the picture, and read them aloud as they color in the space. Then they can count up the total and record the number.
3. Read the sight word sentences : Simple and contextual sentences to build Fluency and comprehension.
4. After reading the sentences and understanding the meaning and use of the word, they create and write their own sentence.
5. Color the Picture: students use the relevant images to have a mental anchor to refer back to and memorize as a key to remembering each sight word in the future.
Other Ideas for Use:
* After you introduce the sight word in class, send these home
with students for more practice with parents
* Homework packet
* Guided Reading
* Improve Reading Fluency
* Group Lessons
* Literacy Centers
* Individual Work
* ESL, EFL, ELL
Le Petite Market