Also included in
- Teaching students storytelling and coding is a critical component to any 21st-century classroom. However, if you are a classroom teacher, you may feel you don't have the time to add one more thing to your already busy schedule. By integrating coding into your literacy curriculum, you have the abilit$45.38$56.91Save $11.53
These unplugged coding and digital storytelling activities are a great way to explore coding while still teaching the ELA standards. Coding is more important now than ever and is a skill to address in our schools. This unit helps you teach this important skill during your literacy block using an app called Scratch, Jr. Don't have iPads or Scratch, Jr? No problem. Use Scratch on a computer or the unplugged activities provided. The unit is the perfect addition when teaching students about key details.
What You're Getting Inside This Resource:
- Vocabulary Cards
- Assessments - Rubric for Each Lesson
- 3 Lesson Ideas - Read Aloud and Phrases; Algorithm Puzzles, Create a Puzzle
- How-To Task Cards for Creating Illustrated Phrases
- 2 Graphic Organizers
- 1 Scratch Jr. and 1 Scratch project included
- Jamboard Link, if needed
- Unplugged Activity
You will also receive:
- Links to coding information and resources
- Objectives and Standards page
- Materials List
- Helpful Examples
Ready to have fun, save time, and your sanity? Follow this simple, 3-Step Plan:
Step 1: Grab these unplugged coding activities for your students.
Step 2: Read Amelia Bedelia Goes to School
- Connect the reading to coding.
- Watch students learn a new skill that will last a lifetime.
Step 3: Take back your time and enjoy!
- Common Core State Standards
- ISTE Standards
- Computer Science Standards
Grab it today, and don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love to hear your feedback!
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours posted. It pays to follow me!
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Thank you so much,
Tech with Jen