Passion cannot be faked. Students can tell when we’re just going through the motions. But how can you summon the energy to teach with passion when there are so many distractions from what really matters? And if you barely have time for taking care of yourself, how can you have anything left to give your students?
Don’t wait for teaching to become fun again: plan for it! Your enthusiasm will become unshakeable as you learn how to:
* Create curriculum “bright spots” that you can’t wait to teach
* Gain energy from kids instead of letting them drain you
* Uncover meaning and purpose for every single lesson
* Incorporate playfulness and make real connections with kids
* Stop letting test scores and evaluations define your success
* Construct a self-running classroom that frees you to teach
* Establish healthy, balanced habits for bringing work home
* Say “no” without guilt and make your “yes” really count
* Determine what matters most and let go of the rest
* Innovate and adapt to make teaching an adventure
Unshakeable is more than a collection of inspiring mindset shifts and practical, teacher-tested ideas for getting more satisfaction from your job. It’s a set of practices to help you find your inner drive and an intrinsic motivation that no one can take away. It’s an approach that helps you incorporate a love of life into your teaching, and a love of teaching into your life. Learn how to tap into what makes teaching inherently rewarding and enjoy your work every day … no matter what.
Visit my website to learn more about the book, download sample chapters, and get FREE bonus material.