All the holiday themed activities you need to get your students to be verb masters! Activities could be used as stations, in small groups or independent/partner pairs "around the room". Keep your kiddos engaged in learning this Christmas season!
**See PREVIEW for all included!**
*Verbs in the Holidays - Brainstorm on Thinking Map
* Verb Reflection - Students reflect on their best actions of the past year and write the verbs on a stocking
* Noun/Verb Sorts - Students sort the ornaments by nouns and verbs. Independent practice included!
* "Around the Room" activity - Students read task cards around the room and identify the verb in each sentence. Recording page and answer key included.
* Past/Present Tense Sort - Read the task cards (visuals included to support struggling readers) and sort by the verb tense. Recording page and answer key included.
*Matching Past/Present Verbs PUZZLES - Introduce irregular past tense verbs by solving puzzles and recording the past and present tense verbs. Puzzle pieces come in color and printer friendly b/w!
-"Read and Feed the Elf" - Distinguishing & sorting the three sounds of the -ed ending. Fun activity to help your students decode past tense verbs!
- Three Elves to represent the three sounds of ed (Dave, Tim, and Ed!)
- Color and b/w cupcakes to "read and feed" the correct elf (based on the sound of -ed)
- Read & Color - Students color the cookies based on the sound of -ed ending
- Read, cut and sort
- Find, Read and Write - Students search for past tense verbs with -ed in a book they can read. They determine the sound of -ed and write under the appropriate elf. This would be great for home practice, too!