PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This product is now FREE due to copyright. Be sure to check out the NRICH link below.
Up, Down, Flying Around is a game on the Scratch platform that promotes and reinforces the adding and subtracting of integers. It is based on the brilliant NRICH resource of the same name. The goal is for learners to fix a broken game. Learners will explore the conditions for all four scenarios surrounding the addition and subtraction of integers.
You don’t need any prior experience with Scratch. I have created videos for the learners to watch. You are the facilitator going on the journey with your learners.
• 5 offline and differentiated pen/paper activities to support your students before they go live on Scratch.
• 1 assessment item.
• Accompanying answer sheets to activities.
• Extras including the Scratch planner, Scratch cheat sheet and extension ideas.
• Lesson plans for each activity that includes learning intentions, success criteria, task descriptions and extensions. Linked to Victorian Curriculum in Australia.
• Tutorial playlist that students can work through at their own pace based on the activities.
Let me know how I can make these projects awesome for you. I will be making many more through the year and beyond. Thanks for using Surfing Scratcher!
All Rights Reserved.
One purchase is intended for the original buyer only. If downloading a free product, these same terms apply. No selling, recreating or distributing these materials to others. This includes colleagues and schools. The original buyer may purchase additional licenses or direct interested parties to my TpT store if needed. These materials are for personal use with an educational purpose. Not for commercial use. These materials are not to be placed on the internet in any form. This includes classroom and school blogs and/or websites. Placing these resources on the internet without permission would be in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).