Are you looking to integrate reading and science while using Common Core based questions for informative text? This reading unit is perfect for you! It is centered around the nonfiction book, Up A Rainforest Tree, which is full of pictures, captions and diagrams- perfect for Common Core and using text features. The unit contains Common Core based questions for every chapter as well as space for students to record answers.
This unit includes:
* Common Core Standards printed on every page of the unit
* Six days of open ended questions for students to complete
* Two open ended questions for each day's reading
* Ten vocabulary words with student-friendly definitions, vocabulary practice pages, synonym matching, a vocabulary crossword and a vocabulary matching quiz
* Persuasive organizer for rainforest essay
* Writing assignment to persuade readers to save the rainforest
If you like this product, please follow my store and check out my other Common Core Reading units!
Charlotte's Web Common Core Reading Unit
Magic Tree House Dinosaurs Before Dark Common Core Reading Unit
Magic Tree House Abe Lincoln At Last Common Core Reading Unit
Moonshot Common Core Reading/Science Unit
Lead Us to Freedom, Harriet Tubman Common Core Reading/Social Studies Unit
Trail of Tears Common Core Reading Unit