You will need dice and base-ten pieces. This game is easily customize-able! Encourage students to use their own rules and they will amaze you! Use this sheet to work on counting, addition, subtraction, multiplication or even division!
Scaffolding is easy by only using one die. Students can play against a partner or alone. Either way, there is some strategy involved, which is a plus!
1. Take Turns Rolling Two Dice
2. Draw your base 10 blocks of the number you rolled with the 1, 5, 10, 25 die.
3. Count up & write your total
4. You must take the Number if you roll. You may roll up to 5 times
5. The player to score closest to 100 without going over, wins!