Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
SAVE 30% purchasing all my UPPER ELEMENTARY Physical Science Interactive Notebook Lessons!
About this Product
This product is composed of INB lessons organized into chapters. Each chapter includes:
• An overview with photos of the completed INB activity
• One page of input notes (differentiated when necessary)
• At least one INB activity (key included)
• A 4-5 question mini assessment (key included)
• A 2-part reflection exercise
• Download a FREE Interactive Notebook Unit to learn more about my INB units
• Save 40% with the Integrated Science Interactive Notebook Bundle
• Save 45% with the Physical Science Complete Curriculum
• Save 50% with the Integrated Science Complete Curriculum
• Editable copies of input notes included as separate .docx files for FREE!
Interactive Notebook Chapters (Lessons):
Forces and Motion
Chapter 1: What is Force?
Chapter 2: Types of Forces
Chapter 3: Applied Force
Chapter 4: Friction
Chapter 5: Gravity
Chapter 6: Balanced/Unbalanced Forces
Chapter 7: Intro to Motion
Chapter 8: Patterns of Motion
Chapter 1: Simple Machines
Chapter 2: Compound Machines
Magnets & Electricity
Chapter 1: What is a Magnet?
Chapter 2: Magnetic Poles
Chapter 3: Electric Force
Chapter 4: Electricity
Chapter 5: Electric Circuits (Open vs. Closed)
Chapter 6: Conductors & Insulators
Energy (Forms, Heat, Energy Resources)
Chapter 1: Forms of Energy
Chapter 2: Energy and Matter
Chapter 3: Energy Transfer
Chapter 4: Energy Transformation
Chapter 5: Collisions
Chapter 6: Kinetic & Potential Energy
Chapter 7: Thermal Energy
Chapter 8: Generating Heat
Chapter 9: Conduction & Conductors
Chapter 10: Temperature
Chapter 11: Phase Change (Melting, Freezing, Evaporating, Condensing)
Chapter 12: Natural Resources Pt 1 (Natural vs. Manmade)
Chapter 13: Natural Resources Pt 2 (Renewable vs. Nonrenewable)
Chapter 14: Renewable Energy
Chapter 15: Renewable/Nonrenewable Energy
Chapter 16: Fossil Fuels Part 1 (Formation)
Chapter 17: Fossil Fuels Part 2 (Types of Fossil Fuels)
Chapter 18: Conserving Energy
Chapter 1: What is Matter?
Chapter 2: Properties of Matter
Chapter 3: Quantitative Properties
Chapter 4: Qualitative Properties
Chapter 5: Intensive vs. Extensive
Chapter 6: Tools to Study Properties
Chapter 7: States of Matter
Chapter 8: Phase Change Pt 1 (Types, Conserving Mass)
Chapter 9: Phase Change Pt 2 (Adding/Removing Heat)
Chapter 10: Physical vs. Chemical Change
Chapter 11: Conservation of Mass
Chapter 1: What is a mixture?
Chapter 2: Solutions
Chapter 3: Separating Mixtures
Chapter 1: Water on Earth
Chapter 2: Properties of Water
Chapter 1: Intro to Waves
Chapter 2: Types of Waves (Longitudinal, Transverse)
Chapter 3: Wave Properties (Wavelength, Amplitude, Frequency)
Chapter 4: Sound
Chapter 5: Light
Chapter 6: Optics (Transparent, Translucent, Opaque, Shadows)
Chapter 7: Generating a Signal Using Waves
- The activities are tailored specifically for upper elementary students in grades 3-5.
- This resource is ideal if you are looking for targeted activities for upper elementary school students.
- Two pages of generic and self-assessment reflection prompts are included.
The resource covers all the 3rd, 4th and 5th Grade Physical Science Next Generation Science Standards. It includes a reference file to help you align your lessons to the Next Generation Science Standards and Disciplinary Core Ideas. The content in this product exceeds NGSS in order to satisfy state standards, to provide background information to NGSS and to enrich or enhance NGSS. Download the preview for a list of NGSS correlations.
• All rights reserved by Stephanie Elkowitz.
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only.
• Intended for classroom and personal use only.
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view.
• Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).