This is perfect for Back to School!
Groundbreaking Writing is a 5-day series of using picture books to get students engaged and excited to write.
These books have a universal theme that students can relate to. We have provided you with guiding questions to help with classroom discussion and activities to encourage students' creativity.
These activities can be used as an introduction to Writer's Workshop or serve as a positive experience with writing.
*Books not included*
1. Dear Teacher by Amy Husband
2. A Perfectly Messed-Up Story by Patrick McDonnell
3. The Girl Who Never Made Mistakes by Mark Pett
4. Nerdy Birdy by Aaron Reynolds
5. My Teacher for President by Kay Winters
These picture books provide writing models that help students with a number or writing skills:
Writing for a purpose
Writing for an audience
Responding to a prompt
Staying focused and organized
Responding to the story with a personal response.