Products in this Bundle (3)
Learning N Progress hosts free webinars every month. This fun and interactive bundle includes Nearpod games, Google Slide activities, and virtual classroom jobs that are perfect for any upper grade. Use these games for virtual celebrations, class parties, morning meetings, and "Fun Fridays". Both the games and digital spinners are included. Use these resources to help build your classroom community and assist students in feeling connected.
Every month, you will receive the newsletters for the upcoming month, as well as teaching tips and strategies. Join by visiting my blog and signing up at the bottom of my home page.
Have you ever used Nearpod to help support your literacy instruction? I HIGHLY recommend it!!! This is a great way for students to practice their phonics skills. Nearpod is an engaging and interactive way to deliver instruction through distance learning and/or support your literacy/math centers. You can create a free Nearpod account, and the instructions for doing so are included in this bundle. It only takes 2 minutes to sign up.
Students can either join the lesson by using a desktop/Chromebook and going to the Nearpod website OR students can use the app on a tablet/ipad.
Nearpod can be used in two ways. These lessons can be assigned to your whole class simultaneously, allowing you to control your students' screens even when in a different location. This makes it perfect for distance learning!!! It can also be assigned to individual students to complete at their leisure, again making it ideal for distance learning. I LOVE to assign Nearpod lessons as independent work during centers. It gives students the opportunity to practice when working independently. The best part is that you will have access to reports that show you all of their answers. This makes for very useful data!
This bundle includes a GROWING Nearpod Bundle and 2 sets of digital spinners...
This product is a PDF file that includes a link to the Nearpod games. Make sure to create a FREE Nearpod account first. Then, click on the link to save the lesson to your Nearpod lesson library. There is also a link to edit and use the two included digital spinner. Both the digital spinners and all of the Nearpod games are editable. Along with the Nearpod games and digital spinners, a poll is included at the beginning of the Nearpod resource to allow students to vote on the game they would like to play. This resource includes the following five Nearpod games (10 slides per game):
- The Meme Game - Students choose a picture to complete each meme. During live lessons, the teacher can approve student responses before the class sees them. Students can then "like" their peers' finished memes.
- Design It - Students become various artists and designers (i.e. video game designers, fashion designers, interior decorators, etc.) and draw blueprints/designs to meet the "customer" requests.
- Majority Rules - Students guess which option the majority of their classmates will like (i.e. food, activities, etc.).
- What If... - This is a hilarious game that your students will LOVE! The teacher spins the included digital spinner to select one student. The student, if comfortable, is the subject of a "What if" question. There are some funny questions and answer choices!
- How Well Do You Know... - The teacher spins the included digital spinner to select a student. The class then answers a question about that student to see if they can guess which option that student will choose (i.e. favorite food, gifts, activities, etc.).
Nearpod has been used with permission.
This product is meant to be used during live virtual meetings (Zoom, Google Meet, etc.) OR in person. Once in the virtual meeting, instruct your students to open the link to the Nearpod lesson. Use a digital spinner to select which game your class will play OR select the student who will be the subject of the question. Then, select one of those activities on your teacher Nearpod. Click share, and your students' screens will automatically be moved to that activity.
This resources includes the following:
- a sample PDF with pre-filled class jobs, descriptions, and "student qualifications"
- an editable Google Slides that allows you to customize your class jobs
- an editable template for a class newspaper (timeline, schedule, communication log, and 4 slides for the newspaper itself)
- a Google Form Job application
This product contains a Google Slides lesson (40 slides), an informative PDF to help you get started, and a link to a Nearpod lesson. Here is what's included:
- 2 check-in slides where students draw how they're feeling
- 9 slides describing various ways to greet each other in the mornings (6 greetings with descriptions)
- 9 slides describing various discussion topics (6 topics with sentence starters)
- 18 slides describing 6 games that can be played on Nearpod during live virtual meetings, including matching, drawing, and Time to Climb
- detailed descriptions of all games and activities for morning meeting
- a pacing guide describing how to implement virtual morning meeting during the first two weeks of school
- teaching tips and set-up instructions