Also included in
- This bundle includes my favorite and best-selling products for middle school SLPs! By purchasing this bundle, you save 20% compared to buying the resources individually. Check out everything that is included below to make sure it is appropriate for your caseload prior to purchasing. PS: I recently rPrice $100.00Original Price $127.00Save $27.00
Some days at the middle school level feel like one big vocabulary lesson. I needed a better, more complete way to teach a wide variety of vocabulary skills and, most importantly, strategies! My students needed strategies that they could use in their classrooms to understand and remember important vocabulary. I created this curriculum to teach important tier 2 vocabulary words AND strategies that work on increasing vocabulary AND word finding skills.
The following is included in this packet:
- 100 worksheets targeting a variety of age-appropriate, functional, academically relevant vocabulary (200 pages – print front and back)
- 2 worksheets for each word
- 1 editable version (in a separate PowerPoint file) to customize with relevant vocabulary from your school’s curriculum if desired
- Five informal assessments (2 pages each) with progress monitoring/data sheets
- A progress monitoring rubric
- Several visuals with varying levels of information (students can rate their understanding of a word and learn different vocabulary strategies)
- Google Slides™️ versions of the worksheets!
- Editable text boxes on every worksheet so it's easy to use digitally!
The following skills are targeted throughout the packet:
- Hearing, using, and identifying the vocabulary word in a variety of ways including writing it, speaking it, and identifying it among other words
- Syllable identification
- Learning root words, prefixes, and suffixes
- Using context clues to understand the vocabulary word’s meaning in sentences
- Defining the vocabulary word in your own words
- Using word families to better understand target words
- Understanding parts of speech and how the part of speech can change from prefixes/suffixes/other morphological features
- Naming and identifying synonyms, antonyms, and multiple meaning words
- Using the word in functional, real life applications
»»» For more information about the research behind this product, how I selected the target words, and to see a video showing many pages of the product, please click here.
•The worksheets generally progress in difficulty, however your students might vary in their ability to understand vocabulary in each set and level depending on their familiarity with each word.
•Even if students understand the vocabulary word, the skills taught on the worksheet are relevant and necessary skills to learning future unknown vocabulary words in their curriculum.
•The worksheets take 10-30 minutes each (depending on how much discussion there is) and allow for some independent work that can be checked and monitored by the SLP making them perfect for both individual, group and classroom based sessions.
•This packet works incredibly well to target a variety of skills making it great for mixed groups! I use it to target vocabulary, grammar, sentence formulation, articulation (look how many /r/, /s/, and /l/ words are targeted) and much, much more. Get creative!
Please download the preview to see examples of the worksheets, assessment forms, data collection forms and some of the included visuals.
Feel free to email the Speechy Musings team at email@example.com with any questions!
☟ Let's stay in touch! Sign up for my email newsletter and follow me on social media to hear about freebies, new product releases, and helpful ideas for your therapy room! ☟