Also included in
- SAVE $$$ Settlement and Urban Geography BUNDLE- Focusing on:1. Settlement patterns, site factors, settlement function2. Settlement hierarchies and Services3. Urban land use patterns4. Urbanization5. A range of urban problems and solutions that are taught through a series of contemporary case studies$24.00$29.00Save $5.00
Urban Problems and solutions in countries at different levels of development:
Firstly, this resource provides a general overview of common problems found in cities and looks at ways in which urban planners are attempting to solve them.
3 detailed case studies are provided from countries at different levels of development:
- High Income Country (UK)- LONDON- congestion, urban decline and redevelopment, decentralisation of retailing.
- Middle Income Country (MALAYSIA)- KUALA LUMPUR- The positive and negative impacts of urban sprawl.
- Low Income Country (INDIA)- MUMBAI- Rapid urban growth, rural to urban migration, squatter settlements.
- FACE TO FACE READY- Word Document/PDF/PowerPoint- printable resources for delivery in the classroom.
- REMOTE READY- Suitable for online digital learning with links to Google Docs and Google Slides that can be directly posted onto Google Classroom. Students can use digital devices to work independently on the activities from home.
- Interactive assessments (Self-marking Google Form, Keyword Quizlet, Multiple Choice Quizizz)
CLICK THE PREVIEW BUTTON TO SEE THE FULL RESOURCE
Are your students struggling to write precisely and accurately about Geographical systems, processes, characteristics, and places? This resource aims to develop the knowledge and key terminology required for students to understand and write about their world. It includes step-by-step descriptions that are supported by diagrams. Questions and activities help students to build and consolidate their learning. A PowerPoint answer key allows you to work through the examples with the students.
This resource focuses on Urban problems and solutions. It includes diagrams, images, activities and answers.
This resource is broken down into sections if you prefer to purchase separately:
• Word document worksheets that includes activities that introduce key terminology, helps students to identify a range of irban problems/solutions, 3 distinct case study sheets focused on London, Kuala Lumpur and Mumbai.
•The word documents total 14 pages. The word documents are provided in colour and grayscale.
- Direct link to editable Google Slides and Google Doc. Students can work on the activities remotely.
•This worksheets are also provided as a PDF.
•A PowerPoint version of diagrams and answers
•The PowerPoint is 40 slides
How I use this resource :
* In class activity- I use this resource to efficiently and accurately teach the subject knowledge. I then get creative to consolidate the learning. I’ve found that the resources help to free up time for application and higher order thinking skills.
* Pre-class flipped learning- The majority of students should be able to access the learning in the resource without teacher support. Why not set this as pre-learning so that students can start a lesson from a position of confidence?
* Post class homework and consolidation- Likewise, the resources could be used to consolidate on in-class teacher instruction.
* To support EAL students- the resources are supported by structured sentences and key vocabulary.
* To support students who benefit from short, structured activities.
* The resource is aimed at students aged 14-16 although it could be suitable for younger/older.
* The resources focus on comprehension of key knowledge and processes. They include a mixture of activities including gap fills, definitions, diagrams and questions.
Each worksheet is supported with a PowerPoint that can be displayed in class and includes possible answers.
Other settlement geography resources:
Product Editing Information:
•You can edit all written passages. If you feel that the instruction or language is too simplistic or too complex then edit it to suit your learners.
• I have deliberately focused on key knowledge and processes. This means that you can add around this. You can control the learning objectives, you can add video clips, your own activities etc. Use the resource as a framework.
• I have found the resources easy to upload and convert to Google Slides and Google Docs
•You will not be able to edit the diagrams, pictures, or visuals included in this resource.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
Copyright information: Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.