Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.81 MB | 27 pages
From Electric English...
This is a comprehensive packet for Ursula Le Guin and her short story, "Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas". You might notice as you peruse my store that each of these items is listed individually, as well as, bundled. For example, the rubric for an essay is listed separate from the essay itself.... This is not because I am greedy or want to squeeze one more dollar out of you. Had I included the rubric with the essay, I would have listed the price at a dollar higher anyway.
No, I list everything separate because as a teacher, I know, that sometimes you want some material but do not want other material. And, you should not have to pay for items you do not need. To continue with my previous example, you might just want to do the rubric yourself and save the money.... I completely understand the need to save money; what teacher doesn't :) But if you do want it all...
This packet contains about two weeks of work, give or take a day. I have, intentionally, not included lesson plans with these packets because I feel, at times, they can be stifling.... The idea here is; you can pick and choose whatever material you want; in whatever order you want (depending on the time you have); instead of, constantly feeling like you must adhere to a certain schedule. Plus, this way, you have many resources at your disposal and can mix and match from year to year depending on your mood. This packet contains the following:
- Research Biography
- Essential Journal Questions Powerpoint (These accompany the information the students will learn about her life and her work.)
- Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas: Full Text
- Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas: Questions
- Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas: "Utopia" by Thomas Moore Activity
- Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas: Diction (LEAD) Activity
- Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas: Syntax and Style Activity
- Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas: SOAPSTone Activity
- Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas: DIDLS Activity
- Informational Text: "Want to Escape the Modern World - 9 Utopias that Really Exist"
- Informational Text: "How Utopia Has Failed"
- Song: "Paradise" by Coldplay
- Song: "Paradise City" by Guns and Roses
Please contact me with any questions or observations you might have :)