Students must know how to utilize the many different tools found on Google Slides and Google Docs. This is a no print, no-prep resource to give your students practice using 20 different tools to help give them a great foundation for completing online assignments and to be more successful with distance learning. This independent practice activity builds much needed computer skills!
This product includes 20 slides and covers the following topics/tools:
- Dragging & Dropping
- Inserting Shapes
- Changing Color, Outline Color, and Outline Weight
- Inserting Text Boxes
- Changing Font
- Changing Font Size
- Text Alignment
- Line Spacing
- Highlighting Text
- Numbering Lists
- Bullet Point Lists
- Bold, Underline, and Italic Text
- Drawing Line Segments
- Inserting Pictures
- Inserting Special Characters/Symbols
- Copy and Paste
- Inserting New Slides and Changing Background
Each slide also features the corresponding icons in the corner to give students visual cues to which tools they will need to utilize to complete the slides, in addition to written directions for each slide.
This resource includes the following in a folder that will be added to your Google Drive:
- Google slides digital task cards- ready to assign to your students
- Answer key via google slides
- Tips and tricks guide to help teachers get the most out of google slides
How does this product work?
You have many options on how to use this resource:
- Assign and go! If you are short on time, suddenly ill, or just don't feel like planning, this is a no prep option!
- Create differentiated versions to meet the needs of your students by making multiple copies and deleted unwanted slides!
- Separate the questions into different activities for different lessons or for exit tickets after a class lesson.
- Share your screen while on Zoom or Google Meets and model the activities with your class.
This resource takes only a few minutes from purchase to assigning to your students and is a perfect classwork, technology station, homework, or instant substitute teacher assignment! Simply assign to your students on google classroom and they will each get their own copy of the cards to answer.
More details and suggestions of how to really get the most bang for your buck with digital task cards can be found in the "Google Slides Guide", included in the product folder! This guide covers my favorite ways to use digital task cards in the classroom, making copies of google resources, deleting slides, combining resources, saving task cards as images, printing the slides, and assigning on google classroom! This guide includes step by step directions and pictures to help turn you into your school's technology wiz!
What if I don't want to use all of the slides?
No worries! This product is perfect for customization. Simply create multiple copies of the product and delete any slides you would rather not use. Create differentiated versions to meet the needs of your students, or separate the questions into different activities for different lessons! It is entirely up to you!
Looking for more ways to start the year off right with your students? Check out my Team Building Game Sets and Get to Know You Digital and Printable Choice Board!
Click here to follow me and you will be notified when new products are added to my store! All new products are 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted, so it pays to follow me! Also, be sure to leave feedback to earn TpT credits to spend on future purchases!
Thank you for your time,