This ZIP file contains a variety of graphic organizers, notes, and a guide on how you could consider implementing reading groups (or guided reading) into your classroom. This works well for literacy-focused classes. It could work well with high school ELA classes, middle school ELA classes, EAL/ESL classes, or even be adpated to work with elementary school classes.
The primary focus of this package is on helping students understand various reading comprehension strategies (i.e. predictions, connections, visualizations, summarizing, questioning, and vocabulary) and text features.
The following items are included:
1. Concept Notes (blank and filled in reading comprehension strategies notes foldable)
2. Connections Graphic Organizer
3. Visualizations Graphic Organizer
4. Summarizing Pages (recommended to be used in conjunction with the "How to Write a Summary Paragraph" package which is available for free here: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/How-to-Write-a-Summary-Paragraph-2243267)
6. Text Features Organizer
7. Assessments (including a test, test review, post-it notes project, and annotations evaluation)
8. A Reading Groups "How To" Guide (including how to implement reading groups, a chart for organizing your reading groups, suggested guiding reading strategies and phrases you can use, reading folder instructions and assessments explanation)
Please note that both Microsoft Word documents and PDF documents are included in the ZIP file.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License
This means this resource is designated for 1 teacher's use in his/her classroom. You may not adapt this work for resale, or use this for commercial purposes. Please do feel free to adapt this resource for your own use, however, and make as many copies for your classroom as you like! I hope you will find this resource helpful!