This is a review activity for Law of Sines and Cosines. Students will be asked to find an angle or a side of the given non-right triangle. They will need to determine which law to use and how to use it to solve the problems.
Included are 2 version of this activity.
- One with 10 cards for use as a walk-around activity
* 4 problems use law of sines
* 4 problems use law of cosines
* 2 problems can use either law
- A shorter version with only 5 cards great for table work, bell work or use as a review.
This activity also gets students up and about. Place the 10 cards on the wall around your room. Students pick any card to begin with. They work the problem on the page, students look around the room for a card with an answer matching theirs. Then they work the next problem. They should continue until they return to the card they started with.
To help with grading, I have included 2 student answer sheets: One that includes graph paper, and another with just boxes.
Also includes a detailed answer key and absent student sheet, to send home with absent students.
* Mid-Lesson or End of Lesson Check for understanding
* Math Station for students that have finished work early
* Test Review
* Homework Alternative
* Bell work
This activity works well with our Law of Sines and Cosines Foldable
Foldable: Law of Sine and Law of Cosine
This activity is included in the following bundle:
Law of Sines and Cosines Unit Bundle