This lesson shows how logarithms are used in plotting to make graphs easier to read.
Logarithmic plots are used by many individuals in the STEM field for experiments and tests.
This lesson has the following content for the teacher:
1. In depth lesson plan for the teacher showing clearly how the concepts are to be introduced to the student. Including step by step explanations and a worked example.
2. Supplemental material that contains all the important figures used in the lesson plan (for overhead transparencies or desk projector).
3. PowerPoint with notes attached so the instructor can read along and with lesson plan explanation.
4. Log paper attached as PDF so students can do their own plots.
Math concepts incorporated:
1. Properties of exponents
2. Properties of logarithms
3. Plotting functions
4. Reading plots
5. Generating equation from plot
Please leave feedback so I can improve my lesson plans in the future and don't forget to follow!