As you know, learning a language is best through using authentic materials and culturally responsive activities. Here I have included songs by Latino artists that feature different verb tenses. In this packet I have include the lyrics in both Spanish and English.
To use in class:
1. Students read through the Spanish lyrics only to see if they can identify the verb tense(s)
2. Students read the lyrics again, now looking at the English lyrics for help
3. Students write down any new or key vocabulary from the lyrics
4. Students listen to the song while following along with the lyrics
5. Students listen to the song without the lyrics to see if they can pick out words and phrases they understand