Here is another set of Math Fluency activities to build your students addition facts to 20! This set of activities will help students learn to decompose problems with adding 8s and 9s to use 10 facts.
For example, students can take the problem 9 + 5 and "make a ten" and making the problem 10 + 4 ... I work with my students practicing this on a double ten frame (two are included in this pack)!
Included in this product:
- How to use double ten frames
- Double Ten Frames for student use (2 options)
- Adding Nines Safari - students race around a game board solving addition problems involving 9s)
- Nines and Tens Memory Match - students match the 9 facts to the 10 facts (ex: 9 + 4 would match with 10 + 3)
- Spin Some Sums - students spin a spinner and solve the +8 or +9 fact (3 versions included)
- Using Tens Battle - played similar to deck of cards "War" - the first player flips are card and tells the sum. Then he/she predicts whether the other player will flip a sum that is higher or lower than theirs. If they are correct, they may keep both cards. If they are incorrect, the other player gets the cards (full game directions included)
- More For Me - students choose a fact card and the solve it. The player with the larger sum gets a point for each round. The player with most points at the end of 10 rounds wins.
Want to save money? Check out the Math Fact Fluency BUNDLE
! You'll save 20% with the bundle!
What are my other Math Fluency products? Check out my Make Ten Fact Fluency Activities
and my Doubles & Doubles Plus One Fact Fluency Games
- both great for building fluency to 10 and 20!