Using a Thesaurus
Grade 4 ELA - Language
Using a Thesaurus is an 8 slide PowerPoint presentation focusing on how to use a thesaurus to improve writing skills.
The PowerPoint lesson explores how the use of a thesaurus can help to develop word, sentence and text level skills in writing. ELA Teaching Resources: Using a Thesaurus includes the following tasks and activities:
1. Definition of synonyms.
2. How does a thesaurus work?
3. Using a traditional thesaurus.
4. Using a digital or online thesaurus such as the Microsoft thesaurus in Word, PowerPoint and Publisher.
5. Improving language skills task.
6. Peer assessment and consolidation of understanding activities.
ELA Teaching Resources: Using a Thesaurus can be used as a starter activity, incorporated into another lesson or developed into a language study unit. Click the images to preview this resource.