Using a Thesaurus
Grade 4 ELA - Language
'Using a Thesaurus' is an 8 slide PowerPoint presentation focusing on how to use a thesaurus to improve writing skills.
The PowerPoint lesson explores how the use of a thesaurus can help to develop word, sentence and text level skills in writing.
- Definition of synonyms.
- How does a thesaurus work?
- Using a traditional thesaurus.
- Using a digital or online thesaurus such as the Microsoft thesaurus in Word, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Improving language skills task.
- Peer assessment and consolidation of understanding activities.
ELA Teaching Resources: Using a Thesaurus can be used as a starter activity, incorporated into another lesson or developed into a language study unit.
'Using a Thesaurus' is editable so teachers are able to adapt the resource to suit the needs of each class they teach.