Using an Excel 20103 data form- a Microsoft Office lesson
This is a practice exercise for Microsoft Excel 2013. You are downloading a 12 page PDF file with step-by-step instructions.
Microsoft Excel 2013: Using a Data Entry Form
Using Excel's built in data entry form is a quick and easy way to enter data into an Excel database. Using the form allows you to:
• start a new database table or to add new records to an existing one
• scroll through data records one at a time
• search for records containing specific information
• edit or delete individual records if necessary
In this lesson your students will
1. Insert a data entry form into a worksheet with Excel 2013
2. Use the data entry form to enter information into a worksheet
3. Use the data entry form to search for records
4. Use the data entry form to edit or delete records.
Teacher’s Note: The way I use this lesson is as individual practice after I have instructed students using a different example. So first I have all students follow me as I add a data form and a couple of records. Once everyone has completed this I pass out this packet so they work individually following this step-by-step lesson.