Do you (and especially your kids!) love Star Wars? Do you sometimes struggle to get your boys engaged with character studies? These posters are perfect additions to your class and help you teach characters of all types!
Included are ten posters to help you with teaching characters. Each poster includes:
- some more complex character vocabulary (like protagonist and antagonist)
- kid-friendly terms below (like main character and opponent)
- a question to ask as kids look for that character (ex: Who is the story mostly about)
- Star Wars character clip art that relates to the character (Luke= main character, Darth Vader= opponent)
Three posters also relate to more specific character attributes: traits, motivation, and feelings with illustrations to match.
Two worksheets are also included to help you practice these skills on a character in any book you may be reading. I begin the year by working on these in small groups, but kids can easily work on these independently in their own just-right books.
This packet is aligned to the following 3rd Grade Common Core State Standards:
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.3.3 Describe characters in a story (e.g., their traits, motivations, or feelings) and explain how their actions contribute to the sequence of events
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.3.6 Distinguish their own point of view from that of the narrator or those of the characters.
For my Wizard of Oz Theme Character Study, click HERE
For more information, visit my blog: 3rd Grade Thoughts
Thanks and enjoy!