A Project Based Learning Unit that allows students to investigate different Utopian Societies and ideals while working cooperatively to create their own perfect society.
Based on the principals outlined in Sir Thomas More’s Utopia, many pieces of literature have attempted to demonstrate what a true Utopia would look like. Through this investigative project students work collaboratively to create their own Utopias based on the ideals outlined in Utopia, The Giver, The Hunger Games, Divergent and any other Utopian/Dystopian examples chosen by the teacher. This project is a great companion to any dystopian novel. Includes lesson plans, editable project outline and rubric.
How can I use this?
• Reading extension activity
• A fun engaging project based learning assessment
What is included?
• Teacher implementation notes
• Project Outline
• Grading Rubric
How much class time will this take?
This activity tends to take one week of 50 min class periods.
What if I want more?
Similar Products Treasure Island Newspaper. Music as Poetry.
How do I stay updated on new products, sales, and freebies?
**Follow Me** by clicking the green star by my store name. I add new products often so this is the best way to keep up with what’s happening at For the Love of Humanities!
• Use this item for your own classroom, students, or for your own personal use.
• Buy additional licenses for others to use this product at a discount by visiting your TpT “My Purchases” page.
• Review this product to recommend others buy it in blog posts, at professional development workshops, or other venues as long as credit is given to my store with a direct link to my store/product.
You may not...
• Upload this product to any website or server – even one for your classroom.
• Give this product to others without the purchase of an additional license for them (this includes emailing, printing copies, or sharing through a website, cloud or other network.)
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.