From Cupid to card-exchanges, each element of Valentine's Day is based on fascinating facts and fun trivia! These 28 task cards summarize fascinating facts, trivia, and origins of Valentine traditions, with 56 writing prompts that commemorate the history behind the holiday and celebrate all things Valentine's.
Use one card a day in February or use all 28 cards on February 14 -- versatility and flexibility are built in! Task cards can also be used for:
- Warm-Up Work
- Bell Ringers
- Quick Writes
- Class Enders
- Writer’s Workshop
- Emergency Plans for Substitute Teachers
DIFFERENTIATION AND RESEARCH-BASED PEDAGOGY:
- Writing Prompts help students become fluent, organized, confident, and skilled thinkers and writers.
- Writing prompts allow students to develop critical thinking and communication skills and informally express their ideas.
- Responses to writing prompts can serve as formative assessments.
- Quick writing prompts offer a flexible structure that can be used to integrate writing in all disciplines.
- Student choice on every task card.
- Easy-to-read fonts, even for students with dyslexia or other reading difficulties.
- Some cards prompt students to draw or illustrate their responses.
- Background knowledge, schema, and explanations are provided.
- Challenging vocabulary is defined.
- A wide variety of genres, interests, and historical topics are included.
- Several cultural and ethnic traditions and celebrations are recognized.
THIS 34-PAGE RESOURCE INCLUDES:
- 28 Task Cards (in full color and black-and-white)
- 56 Writing Prompts
- 6 Editable Task Cards
- Individual cards in slideshow-format to display on an overhead projector or as a slideshow
- 2 Grading Rubrics (both in a 4-point scale and a 10-point scale)
- Teaching tips, ideas, and learning objectives
SHARING IS CARING!
I love seeing my resources in action in your classrooms! If you take a photo of one of my resources in your classroom, I'd like to feature it on social media. Please either tag me on Instagram @literarysherri or email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you so much!
I ♥ FOLLOWERS!
Click here to follow me and be the first to know about store discounts, free resources, and product launches!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK!
If you find this resource useful for your students, please leave feedback for other teachers. If the resource can be revised to better meet your students' needs, please reach out to me via my email or Q&A tab.
HAPPY TEACHING -- I'M CHEERING YOU ON!
Questions? Please email: email@example.com
© Literary Sherri www.literarysherri.com