VALENTINES DAY ACTIVITIES: This Valentine's Day activity bundle contains a wide variety of fun and creative reading and writing activities to hold your students’ interests leading up to February 14th!
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE (Click Titles For More Information):
VALENTINE’S DAY AROUND THE WORLD
• 4 non-fiction texts (one page each) that introduce students to Valentine's Day traditions, practices, and customs from different countries! The countries covered are South Korea, Romania, China, and Brazil.
• Reading response comprehension question worksheets for each text (4 questions per reading).
• A detailed answer key for each of the assignments.
VALENTINE’S DAY SHORT STORY: The Chaser by John Collier
This resource has everything you need to teach The Chaser by John Collier. The story is about a young man named Alan who is desperate to make a woman named Diana fall in love with him. So desperate, in fact, that he is willing to use a love potion!
• A teacher instructions page explaining lesson procedure
• A link to the full-text of the story ready for printing (file not included for copyright reasons)
• A 6 slide Powerpoint presentation that guides the lesson with discussion points and question/discussion prompts
• An inference worksheet (with answer key) that gets students thinking about the process of using background knowledge to make inferences
• Abby and Andrew's Advice Column Assignment which allows the student to give advice to the main character from a male and female perspective
A HISTORY OF VALENTINE’S DAY
• Includes a 12 slide Powerpoint presentation that will give your students all the information they need to know about Valentine's Day history from 3rd Century Rome to modern day.
• A worksheet assignment where students take on the role of St. Valentine, and write two journal entries at important parts of his life.
• An assignment page where students express their opinions on Valentine's Day (prompt included)
VALENTINE’S DAY BOOKMARKS
This product is a great gift for students on Valentine's Day. The purchase includes 9 different bookmarks with funny sayings your students will love! ____________________________________________________________________
EDITING CUPID'S SOCIAL MEDIA
This Valentine's Day resource allows students to edit grammar, spelling, and punctuation in a fun and modern way! Students will have the chance to read some of Cupid's social media status updates to find errors, correct them, and give reasons for their corrections!
• 14 updates for students to edit (1/2 page task card format)
• Detailed answer key provided with reasoning for all edits
• A Powerpoint presentation to go over all of the edits with your students
• A smaller version of the updates (cut into strips) for multi-use
VALENTINE’S DAY FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE
Includes a print-ready worksheet with 18 Valentine's Day phrases that include an example of either metaphor, simile, personification, alliteration, oxymoron, or onomatopoeia. Also included is a detailed answer key for you to mark or review the answers with your students!
VALENTINE’S DAY MAD LIB
Use this mad lib activity during in February to get your students laughing and having fun! This resource includes:
• Mad Lib page for students to fill in their own words (4 to a page for easy printing)
• Original Valentine's Day secret admirer mad lib story where students receive a funny letter from their secret admirer.
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More By Presto Plans!
A YEAR OF ENGLISH CLASS STARTERS - TpT BEST SELLER
LITERARY ELEMENTS OF FICTION BUNDLE
GRAMMAR RESOURCE BUNDLE
© Presto Plans
★CLICK HERE TO RECEIVE 10 FREE ENGLISH TEACHER RESOURCES!