Also included in
- If you are looking for team-building activities to keep your students engaged during the last few days, weeks or month before the holidays, then THE GREAT HOLIDAY ESCAPE BUNDLE is for you! Students will complete a variety of tasks using different skills including problem-solving, critical thinking,$49.99$69.93Save $19.94
- Escape rooms are the ultimate team-building activities and work great as back-to-school activities or at times during the year when students (and teachers) need a break! Get everyone in the class working together and collaborating with these fun, team-building, low-prep escape room games! This growi$109.99$157.83Save $47.84
There are five Valentine's Day escape room-type (trivia) challenges included in this file. Each activity can be completed individually or in conjunction with one another, depending on the time available in your planning. The challenges could be used as individual, pair or small group activities. A detailed and thorough teacher instruction page has been included, which provides differentiated instructions and ideas for each of the five challenges included.
How to use this with your students: (several, flexible options)
• One activity a day, for five days leading up to Valentine's Day
• As a complete activity (over several, continuous class periods)
• As bonus work for students who finish their assignments early
• As a homework activity to promote critical thinking skills
Note: Aside from the materials that you would already have in your classroom (pencils, pens, scissors and colored pencils or crayons), no additional supplies are needed! These escape room-style games were created as a print-and-go resource, so no extra prep has to be done on your part.
Help! Cupid accidentally locked himself in the chocolate shop and he needs your help to get him out. However, before he can be freed from the shop, you will have to successfully complete a series of tasks and challenges.
Challenge #1: Love Songs
I hope you know your love songs because in order to successfully complete this challenge, you will have to be able to identify the correct lines from both classic and current love songs.
Challenge #2: Valentine's Day Word Maze and Word Search
Get that Valentine’s list ready, because you will have to sharpen your pencil (and eyes!) and pay attention to the letters within the maze. In order to successfully complete this challenge, you will have to collect letters that will spell out a word. This word will lead you to the end of the maze. In addition, you will have to search to find hidden Valentine’s words (around the theme of gifts), including a hidden, mystery word.
Challenge #3: Encrypted Valentine Message
Put your detective skills in place because this challenge is going to require you to unlock a secret message in a unique font. In order to successfully complete this challenge, you will have to answer a series of questions based on three separate articles written in The Valentine Times.
Challenge #4: Box of Chocolates Race/Scavenger Hunt
Put your thinking cap on because you are going to have to race to answer a variety of Valentine trivia questions, then decorate your box of chocolates accordingly. In order to successfully complete this challenge, you will have to correctly color the chocolates according to your answers.
Challenge #5: Valentine Cryptogram Puzzles
Using cryptogram codes provided, you will work together to decode the Valentine messages and words in three separate activities. Then, you will have to attempt to unscramble all of the shaded letter boxes from the answers, which will provide you with a hidden Valentine message and lock code.
*Upon completion of the challenges, three themed ("The Great Valentine Escape") editable certificates have been included, so you can easily type in a name and date and give each student who participated something for their efforts!*
You might also like:
Check out the FREE preview for a better look at this assignment!
© The Classroom Sparrow