VALENTINES DAY SHORT STORY: The short story The Chaser by John Collier is a perfect lesson for middle and high school around Valentine's Day, but it could be used at any time in the year! The story is about a young man named Alan who is desperate to make a woman named Diana fall in love with him. So desperate, in fact, that he is willing to use a love potion!
Not only is this a story students love, it is also useful in teaching inferential thinking, as the reader must make inferences to understand the plot.
SAVE BY PURCHASING THIS RESOURCE IN A BUNDLE. CLICK BELOW!
VALENTINE'S DAY RESOURCES
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE:
• A teacher instructions page explaining lesson procedure
• A link to the full-text of the story ready for printing (file not included for copyright reasons)
• A 6 slide Powerpoint presentation that guides the lesson with discussion points and question/discussion prompts
• An inference worksheet (with answer key) that gets students thinking about the process of using background knowledge to make inferences
• Abby and Andrew's Advice Column Assignment which allows the student to give advice to the main character from a male and female perspective
This has always been a favorite story for my students!
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS RESOURCE:
♥ Another great product. It gives my students exposure to a story that really enjoyed and allowed them to practice inference skills. Thank you again.
♥ Love Love Love it - can't wait to use it in Feb.
♥ I haven't had a chance to use this yet, but it should fit perfectly into our test prep - a fun way to review inferences.
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More By Presto Plans!
SHIRLEY JACKSON'S THE LOTTERY SHORT STORY
50 ASSIGNMENTS FOR ANY READING
BEST SELLING INFERENCE BUNDLE
© Presto Plans
★CLICK HERE TO RECEIVE 10 FREE ENGLISH TEACHER RESOURCES!