This VCE pattern activity bundle is a 22 page literacy center for long i word patterns for first grade (standard RF.1.3) phonics and spelling work.
This packet "evolved" as I was making it so the pages are out of sequence when printed out but can be rearranged easily. It would be great in a literacy center work, tutoring or intervention.
Included in this packet are:
1. A kid-friendly mini poster of a portion of Core Standard RF.1.3:
We are learning to use final e common vowel patterns to
show long i
2. Three sort and write activity pages with-ice, -ime, -ine, -ite, -ive, and -ile
3. A word-slide for -ine rimes.
4. A cut and match activity with words and pictures
5. An activity I call,"Beat the Timer and Write" with a word bank and sentence lines to write sentences before the timer runs out
6. An activity I call, "Rime in Time" that uses the same word families I have highlighted for students to try to beat the timer to rime. I included a full-page answer key. I have also included a blank template from this activity for teachers to use with other word families.
7. Six pages of four word family words each on "cards" to post on pocket charts
8. One blank word card template
9. two bonus stationary pages for student writing with cute graphics
10. title page for packet use
11. materials needed and credit page