32 Cloze Sentence Cards focused on verbs in simple sentences.
Why this resource?
- engaging way to practice and review common verbs in simple sentences
- reinforces common sight words and sentence patterns
- reading and speaking practice
- mainly simple sentences with some variation in sentence structure
- great for lower elementary or EAL/ESL/ELLs
What does it include?
Resource includes 32 sentence cards
- Simple Present Tense, Choose the correct verb in context - 8 cards
- Verbs with Singular & Plural Subjects - 8 cards
- Simple Past Tense - Regular & Irregular Verbs - 8 cards
- Simple Past / Present / Future Tense - Choose the correct verb using clue words - 8 cards
- Also includes:
- 1 Task Card Recording Sheet
- 1 Task Card Answer Sheet
How do you use it?
- Popsicle Stick Exit Ticket
- Sentence cards are glued onto large size popsicle sticks and kept in a cup or pouch near the door
- Before leaving the classroom, students choose a popsicle stick, read the simple sentence out loud to you and choose the correct word to complete the sentence
- High five and they leave the room
or use as
- Task Cards (32 questions)
- Sentence cards are printed and glued on popsicle sticks or printed on cardstock and cut out as sentence cards
- Students can move around the room with their recording sheet, reading the sentences and recording the correct answer on their sheet independently or reading and answering with a partner
- designed to fit onto large size popsicle sticks (print @ 100 %)
- or print on cardstock and cut at desired size as sentence cards