Also included in
- This product combines the following: Visual Notetaking, Interpretive Note-taking, and my Socratic Seminar any text with a 20% discount.You will find information on these products below and here are the links:• NOTE-TAKING - ANY TEXT - PRINT OR GOOGLE SLIDES• VISUAL NOTETAKING• SOCRATIC SEMINAR (ANY$20.00$25.00Save $5.00
- This unit combines both my Visual Note-taking product AND my Interpretive Note-taking product at a 20% discount.You will find information on both these products below and here are the links:INTERPRETIVE NOTE-TAKINGVISUAL NOTE-TAKINGINCLUDED IN THE INTERPRETIVE NOTE-TAKING PRODUCT ARE THE FOLLOWING:N$12.00$15.00Save $3.00
- PHILOSOPHY | HIGHER ORDER THINKING, VNT, AND VNT (PLATO'S THEAETETUS) BUNDLEIn this post-truth environment, where alternative facts and false stats are on the rise, critical thinking, analytical debate, and ethical reasoning are more important than ever.This product focuses on Plato’s Theaetetus. T$21.00$26.25Save $5.25
- VISUAL NOTETAKING BUNDLE❤️❤️❤️❤️THIS BUNDLE IS DISCOUNTED BY 20%I NOW CALL THESE VISUAL ESSAYS AS THE ASSIGNMENT HAS GROWN AND TAKEN ON A NEW AND EXCITING LIFE OF ITS OWN!!!❶ VISUAL NOTETAKING LECTURE SERIES (PLATO'S THEAETETUS)The purpose of this product is to provide the material to those interested i$8.80$11.00Save $2.20
- ASSIGNMENT IDEAS - VISUAL NOTETAKING BUNDLE❤️❤️❤️❤️THIS BUNDLE IS DISCOUNTED BY 20%❶ VISUAL NOTETAKING LECTURE SERIES (THE CAVE ALLEGORY)The Cave Allegory is one of the most famous passages of philosophy, and I think all students should study it sometime during their education. It asks its readers to l$8.80$11.00Save $2.20
VISUAL NOTETAKING | VISUAL ESSAYS | PRODUCE AND CREATE ORIGINAL WORK
rubric and student examples
In all of my first year undergraduate classes I employ Visual Notetaking and Visual Essays as a way to engage my students in the higher levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy.
I NOW CALL THESE PROJECTS VISUAL ESSAYS AS THE ASSIGNMENT HAS GROWN!!
I always find this assignment rewarding for my students - a helpful way to study, a different type of assignment, a way to engage visual learners, and I am always surprised by their work.
Included in this product are the following:
⚫ NEW: A new addition to my assignment. An explanation as to the elements used in the VNT. You will see an example of this in my pictures of the library display.
⚫ NEW: I now do a VNT trail run during my Socratic Seminar. While in the outer circle they engage in VNT. I have included 8 samples of these assignments.
⚫ A rubric that shows students what is expected in their finished product. It provides a beautiful guide in the form of visual notetaking.
⚫The points from the visual notetaking rubric that can be handed out to students.
⚫ Student examples - I use student examples from previous semesters to help my class understand my expectations. There are 14 included - my examples are from my lectures on various Great Books: Nietzsche, Plato, and Thucydides. I have some TpT products that cover the same or similar material that is used during my lectures for these projects - see below for details. I have also started to create TpT units on the lectures I give for the VNT project.
⚫ Images from the library display at my University.
⚫ NEW: This year I was asked to give a talk on VISUAL ESSAY/VISUAL NOTETAKING at an event at my University called Celebrate! Teaching and Learning (“an event for faculty, staff, and students to share significant moments, or sources of inspiration, from their teaching and learning experiences at the University”). The talk went very well, and I have included some information from the event including my VNT process in 16 points.
⚫In order for your students to excel in this activity, they need to see examples and understand how they will be graded. Provided here is a beautiful rubric for visual notetaking using visual notetaking. Furthermore, there are 22 examples from my own lectures.
I HAVE BUNDLED MY INTERPRETIVE NOTE-TAKING WITH MY VISUAL NOTE-TAKING - YOU WILL FIND TWO DIFFERENT BUNDLES HERE:
VISUAL AND INTERPRETIVE NOTE-TAKING - COMBINED
SOCRATIC SEMINAR, VISUAL AND INTERPRETIVE NOTE-TAKING - COMBINED
• HIGHER ORDER THINKING AND VNT (PLATO'S THEAETETUS) PERFECT PAIRING BUNDLE
• Socratic Seminar (ANY TEXT)
• Socratic Method - Dialectics - GOOGLE SLIDES
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom.
Copyright © jellycat-in-the-snow productions
All rights reserved by author Permission to copy for single classroom use only Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only
Please remember that any of the products that you download from my store are my copyrighted property and licensed only for you to share with your direct students. If another teacher wants to use these same products, they will need to purchase them directly from my TpT store, or you may purchase an additional license for them. None of my products may be shared online. Posting of my copyrighted materials may happen only in a password-protected environment, such as Google Classroom, and accessed only by your students. Posting on public websites (WordPress, Blogger, Facebook Groups, etc.) is strictly prohibited.
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!!