Keep therapy fun and motivating with this classic BINGO GAME!
This download is made with the non-reader in mind. It includes ten BINGO game boards to target vocabulary development, mainly clothing while playing the classic board game of BINGO. There are BINGO game boards and card cards with pictured clothing items super imposed on each card. Students are asked to say the item pictured each time they take their turn while playing the game. You can increase the complexity of the task by asking student to describe the item or answer questions about the item. A list of the clothing items used is included in order to help the speech language therapist identify the pictured items if necessary. This game can be used during individual therapy sessions (play against therapist) or in small groups of 2 to 10 students. A title sheet is also included and can be used as a label for the Ziploc bag that the cards may be stored in.
Just print on cardstock, laminate the cards for durability, cut apart and you are ready to go!DIRECTIONS
(2 to 12 players)
• PREPARE THE GAME: To play game, you need to print out the deck of PICTURE cards and at least one BINGO GAME BOARD for each player. Print on cardstock and laminate for durability. Each player will also need approximately 25 pennies or chips to mark their board.
• Hand out cards and chips. Each player should have at least one card. You can also play with multiple cards at a time. While this is harder than just playing with one card, it increases the chances that you will win. Making sure everyone has the same amount of chips is not necessary because you can always take more chips.
• Mark off the "Free Space." This is your easiest placement as it is free and does not require the student to do anything in order to cover it.
• Select a picture card and show it to all your students. Grab the top card from the pile. Call on one student to name the item pictured and answer one question about it.
• All students look at their card/cards and Place a chip on a square if he/she has the pictured item that has been named.
• The student should Shout "Bingo!" when he/she gets five in a row horizontally, vertically or diagonally. It is up to the student to call “Bingo” loud enough for everyone to hear.
• The therapist should ask the student who shouted BINGO to name the pictured items he/she marked.
• For variety you can also have your students play BLACKOUT BINGO the same way as above except all picture squares must be covered in order to get BINGO!
Clothing Items Included: mitten, boot, robe, shorts, sombrero, tie, skirt, wedding gown, bow tie, cap, belt, sweater, jacket, pants, cleats, winter hat, gloves, sneakers, bib, coat, jeans, shirt, sweatshirt, raincoat ,vest, high heeled shoe , bathing suit, crocs, suit, sandals, t-shirt, shoes, overalls, apron, socks, dress ,lab coat, scarf, tank top, underwear, flip flops, tutu, cowboy boots, ear muffs ,moccasins, dress shirt ,uniform, snowsuit, sweatpants, night gown ,pajamas, visor, stockings, tights, leggings, shawl ,poncho