This vocabulary package focuses on two words- fierce and gentle. This purchase comes with the following-
1. Two adapted books (10 pages each) that focus on the words fierce and gentle. Eight pages of each book have a picture that can be associated with the word fierce/gentle and students can attach a corresponding descriptor using Velcro. The last page of each book has follow-up questions- What do you think the word means?, What are some synonyms?, etc.
2. Sorting board to sort pictures from the books into fierce or gentle categories.
3. 16 associations activity sorting cards to be used with sorting pictures (i.e., Which animals have sharp claws?)
4. 2 make-a-list worksheets (regular list and alphabet) for students to write fierce or gentle things.
5. Four-square vocabulary organizer
6. Extension activity ideas: Language
7. Extension activity ideas: Phonological/phonemic awareness
Directions for making the books-
1. Print the book using card stock or regular paper.
2. Laminate each page using a heat laminator (Velcro will not stick to film that comes from a cold laminator).
3. Cut each page in half by cutting on the center line. Cut the picture cards apart.
4. Put the book together using a binding comb or staple.
5. Attach the hook side of the Velcro to the back of each picture card. Attach the loop side of the Velcro to each page in the book where you see a gray circle.
The Picture Communication Symbols ©1981–2010 by Mayer-Johnson LLC. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Used with permission.
Boardmaker™ is a trademark of Mayer-Johnson LLC.
2100 Wharton Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Phone: 1 (800) 588-4548
Fax: 1 (866) 585-6260
Web site: www.mayer-johnson.com