This vocabulary package focuses on two words- ocean and beach. This purchase comes with the following-
1. Two adapted books (10 pages each) that focus on the the words ocean and beach. Each page has the same ocean/beach picture at the top and a detachable description picture at the bottom. The last page of each book has a place to write (with an erasable marker or sticky note) what the student remembers.
2. Sorting board to sort pictures from the books into beach/ocean categories.
3. Make-a-list worksheet for students to write things they know about an ocean/beach.
4. Four-square vocabulary organizer, Venn diagram, 5 senses organizer
5. Extension activity ideas: Language
6. Extension activity ideas: Phonological/phonemic awareness
Directions for making the books-
1. Print the book using card stock or regular paper.
2. Laminate each page using a heat laminator (Velcro will not stick to film that comes from a cold laminator).
3. Cut each page in half by cutting on the center line. Cut the picture cards apart.
4. Put the book together using a binding comb or staple.
5. Attach the hook side of the Velcro to the back of each picture card. Attach the loop side of the Velcro to each page in the book where you see a gray circle.
The Picture Communication Symbols ©1981–2010 by Mayer-Johnson LLC. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Used with permission.
Boardmaker™ is a trademark of Mayer-Johnson LLC.
2100 Wharton Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Phone: 1 (800) 588-4548
Fax: 1 (866) 585-6260
Web site: www.mayer-johnson.com