VSEPR and IMF Review Comprehensive Study Guide
Also included in
- This is everything you need to teach your students about bonding and intermolecular forces while keeping them engaged and making connections between topics! This bundle includes filled-in notes for this unit, and a number of ways to allow students to review and practice important concepts. ConceptsPrice $19.80Original Price $24.75Save $4.95
Students need extra practice organizing their knowledge of Lewis structures, VSEPR molecular geometry, polarity of molecules, and intermolecular forces (IMFs). This quick review activity gives them a way to organize a lot of information in a concise way to use as a study guide.
Concepts and skills reviewed in this activity:
- Drawing Lewis structures for covalent compounds and polyatomic ions following the octet rule – including resonance (no expanded octet)
- Using VSEPR theory to label molecular geometry and bond angles based on Lewis structures
- Polar and nonpolar bonds (using electronegativity trends) versus polar and nonpolar molecules
- Relative strength and length of single, double, triple bonds
- What a resonance structure indicates about bond length/strength
- IMFs (hydrogen bonding, dipole-dipole, and London dispersion forces)
- Intramolecular bonding (covalent bonds in this case) versus IMFs
Included are instructions to give the class and sample answers.
There are two versions of the instructions - one to give them if they are completing it at one time as a review, and another if they are creating it piece by piece as they learn different content.
The downloaded purchase includes student instructions, sample answers, and pictures of each page of a sample completed study guide.