Also included in
- This is everything you need to teach your students about bonding and intermolecular forces while keeping them engaged and making connections between topics! This bundle includes filled-in notes for this unit, and a number of ways to allow students to review and practice important concepts. ConceptsPrice $19.80Original Price $24.75Save $4.95
- This bundle contains board games and card games to cover almost every chemistry topic for first year chemistry courses. Great to use throughout the year, or as a final exam review that keeps students engaged.See individual resources for previews and specifics, but topics include:atomic structuremolPrice $49.20Original Price $61.50Save $12.30
This game allows students to practice visualizing the Lewis Structure of a compound and make quick decisions about its molecular geometry and intermolecular forces.
This reviews the following skills:
· Lewis structures (not including expanded octet)
· VSEPR shapes (not including expanded octet – linear, bent, trigonal planar, trigonal pyramidal, tetrahedral)
· IMFs (London dispersion, dipole-dipole, and hydrogen bonding)
Game includes 36 cards (12 sets of matching compound, IMF, and VSEPR)
Included in the download is a worksheet that can be sent home for additional practice, along with directions for 2 different ways for students to use the cards to play a game.
See the worksheet in the preview - these are the 12 compounds that are included in the game.